Our home is our prized possession; an asset we cherish and the place that gives us maximum solace and comfort. Keeping up with the home maintenance and needs can sometimes feel challenging but it’s what makes it our personal den that gives us joy! Home pests are something that everyone dreads! They can create a havoc and completely disrupt normal schedules and peace of mind! Ants, ticks, mosquitoes and all other kinds of home pests are all equally disturbing and spoil the home environment. It is necessary to immediately get rid of pests to ensure a healthy and happy home environment. This holds true for the interiors well as the exterior of the home. Ants in the garden can take away the fun and the excitement of spending lazy days in the garden, soaking in nature and sun! Get rid of ants in the garden right away and bring back the fun!
So, you do everything possible to keep away the pests but nothing seems to work! Harsh chemical formulas for pest removal are not an option! You want to be pest free but also maintain the natural beauty and protect the environment. While calling a professional pest removal company to help you out may be the best option for a pest free home, there are certain measures you can take on your own to ensure a pest free home.
DIY pest removal tips for home:
The very first thing you need to understand to maintain a pest free home is the importance of taking up all the preventive methods. Some effective preventive measures are:
- Make sure all your leaky taps and faucets are fixed as pests and insects are attracted to them.
- Transfer all your dry goods and eatables to tight lid containers or sealed jars.
- Never allow table tops and counters to remain dirty or unwiped. Wipe kitchen surfaces and table tops with 1-part water and 1-part vinegar to get rid of any remaining food particles and food odor.
- Check what you put in your waste basket. When throwing away jars and bottles, rinse them with water first.
- Always use a dustbin with a tight lid.
- Clogged and dirty drains are the biggest ways to attract pests! Clear away the drains and make sure no food particles or grime is stuck, blocking it. A great way to clear drains is to pour ½ a cup of baking soda, followed by 1/2 a cup of vinegar down the drain. After a few minutes, pour some boiling water for clear and pest free drains!
There are numerous kinds of pests and different DIY remedies help combat different kinds of pests. For example, if you are trying to get rid of ants, you could dry the following methods:
- You can lure ants by making a mixture of 1 cup borax and 1 cup sugar water and put them in small containers with a lid. Poke holes in the lid and see your ants going after the mixture!
- Sprinkling ground coffee powder around doors and windows also helps keep the ants at bay!
- An all purpose spray obtained by mixing a gallon of water with 2-3 tablespoons of liquid peppermint castile soap can also help get rid of ants as well as other pests.
Include these preventive DIY tips and measures to your daily cleaning and maintenance schedule and enjoy a pest free home environment and get rid of pests easily From time to time call a professional pest free service for continued happiness!